The Push Network (active in Detroit and Pontiac Michigan) is a local, membership-based community organization fighting to improve the city. Its founder, Rufus L. Sims, established this organization in 2016 in order to assist with the resurgence of the Motor City and realized there were other cities in need.
Create strong neighborhoods through community involvement projects such as homeless outreach, park and home restorations, and family days to help raise funds for those in need.
Improve visual aesthetics within the city by getting involved in various cleaning projects. Such activities include park and school clean ups.
Develop a network of young professionals willing to give their time, energy, and talents to make these cities a better place to visit and to live.
The mission of PUSH NETWORK is to ignite the people of Detroit, Pontiac, and other urban areas to ‘do something’ about the things that need to improve in the city including crime, government, schools, neighborhoods, and families.
PUSH’s members are the innovators and community organizers who drive the city of Detroit. Our members are not afraid to get their hands dirty in the community by literally cleaning up the neighborhoods. We work with partners and contributors to create a healthy and strong city for those in need.
At PUSH, we value the following:
- Member Involvement – We base our decisions on member participation, community impact, and networking value
- Inclusiveness – We encourage a diversity of opinions and various creative backgrounds
- Networking – We strive to connect the movers and shakers of the Detroit/Urban areas who have a vision and a heart to improve the city.
- Results Oriented – Our plan is an accomplishment – we have outlined a series of measurable goals and outcomes that will ultimately lead to results
- Acknowledgement – We are committed to promoting and recognizing those in the community who are making a positive difference